Frequently Asked Questions
I have a question about…? Whom do I contact…?
FIU Law provides an extensive range of services to the student body. Questions concerning academic performance, policies and procedures, professional development, community-service requirements, transitioning to law school, academic support, financial aid and other personal matters should be directed to the individuals identified on this page whose responsibility it is to be of assistance as you have questions and/or concerns throughout your academic career at FIU Law.
How do I get/replace an FIU One Card?
All students are required to have an FIU One Card. Entering students (including transfer students and LL.M. students) can get an FIU One Card at the FIU Law building during Fall Orientation. Current FIU Law students can replace lost or stolen FIU One Cards at PG 1100. For more information, click here.
How do I reserve a room?
You must submit a Room Reservation Form to Zory Hernandez.
Where is the lost and found?
FIU Law does not have a lost and found. Any found items given to FIU staff or administration are immediately turned over to the FIU University Police Department. You can contact University Police Department here.
FAQs A to Z
- Academic Advising (Faculty Advisors/Faculty)
- Academic Probation/Academic Supervision Advisement (Assistant Dean Schulze, Associate Dean Ansah)
- Academic Correspondence and Documentation (Registrar)
- Academic Excellence Program (AEP) (Assistant Dean Schulze)
- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities and Special Needs (Associate Dean Fridman)
- Amendments to Law School Application (Associate Dean Fridman)
- Bar Admissions Applications (Registrar, Assistant Dean Fridman)
- Bar Preparation Program (Assistant Dean Schulze)
- Book Awards (Registrar)
- Career Planning & Placement (Assistant Dean Bierman)
- Class Rank (Registrar)
- Community Service (Interim Associate Dean Mason)
- Course Offerings and Scheduling (Registrar)
- Dean’s Certifications for State Bars (Registrar)
- Enrollment Certifications for Loan Deferments and Insurance (Registrar)
- Evaluation of Transfer Applicants Transcripts (Associate Dean Ansah)
- Examinations (Accommodations, Administration, Delays) (Registrar, Assistant Dean Fridman)
- Examsoft and other IT Support Services (Information Technology Office)
- Family Emergencies (Associate Dean Fridman)
- Financial Aid, Scholarships and Loans (Admissions and Financial Aid)
- Grades (Registrar)
- Graduation Checklist (Registrar)
- Interpretation of the Code of Academic Regulations (Registrar, Associate Dean Ansah, AssociateDean Fridman)
- Information Technology (IT Support)
- Joint Degree Programs (Associate Dean Ansah)
- Law Review/Moot Court Board (Law Review, Associate Dean Ansah, Professor Hayes)
- Letters of Good Standing (Registrar, Associate Dean Fridman)
- Medical Leaves (Associate Dean Fridman)
- Notary (Goritza Rodriguez)
- Registration, Drop/Add and Scheduling Support (Registrar, Associate Dean Fridman)
- Student Code of Conduct Matters (Associate Dean Ansah, Associate Dean Fridman)
- Referrals to University and Community Resources (Associate Dean Fridman)
- State Attorney Certification of Enrollment Forms (Registrar, Associate Dean Fridman)
- Student Records (Registrar)
- Study Abroad Programs (Dean Manuel A. Gomez, Associate Dean of International & Graduate Studies)
- Transcripts (Registrar)
- Visiting Students (Registrar)
- Angelique Ortega Fridman, Associate Dean for Student Services
- RDB 2015
- Zoraya “Zory” Hernandez, Coordinator, Student Services
- Contact when you need assistance with: student organizations, special events, graduation.