Frequently Asked Questions
I have a question about…? Whom do I contact…?
FIU Law provides an extensive range of services to the student body. Questions concerning academic performance, policies and procedures, professional development, community-service requirements, transitioning to law school, academic support, financial aid and other personal matters should be directed to the individuals identified on this page whose responsibility it is to be of assistance as you have questions and/or concerns throughout your academic career at FIU Law.
How do I get/replace an FIU One Card?
All students are required to have an FIU One Card. Entering students (including transfer students and LL.M. students) can get an FIU One Card at the FIU Law building during Fall Orientation. Current FIU Law students can replace lost or stolen FIU One Cards at PG 1100. For more information, click here.
How do I reserve a room?
Please visit the SBA page and complete the form at the bottom of the page to reserve a room.
Where is the lost and found?
All items can be turned in to the circulation desk in the Law Library and will be turned over to the FIU University Police Department at the end of the day. You can contact University Police Department here.
FAQs A to Z
- Academic Advising (Faculty Advisors/Faculty)
- Academic Probation/Academic Supervision Advisement (Associate Dean Schulze, Associate Dean Rodriguez-Dod)
- Academic Correspondence and Documentation (Registrar)
- Academic Excellence Program (AEP) (Associate Dean Schulze)
- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities and Special Needs (Associate Dean Fridman)
- Amendments to Law School Application (Associate Dean Fridman)
- Bar Admissions Applications (Registrar, Associate Dean Fridman)
- Bar Preparation Program (Associate Dean Schulze, Assistant Dean Raul Ruiz)
- Book Awards (Registrar)
- Career Planning & Placement (Assistant Dean Bierman)
- Class Rank (Registrar)
- Course Offerings and Scheduling (Registrar)
- Dean’s Certifications for State Bars (Registrar)
- Enrollment Certifications for Loan Deferments and Insurance (Registrar)
- Evaluation of Transfer Applicants Transcripts (Associate Dean Rodriguez-Dod)
- Examinations (Accommodations, Administration, Delays) (Registrar, Associate Dean Fridman)
- Examsoft and other IT Support Services (IT Support)
- Family Emergencies (Associate Dean Fridman)
- Financial Aid, Scholarships and Loans (Admissions and Financial Aid)
- Grades (Registrar)
- Graduation Checklist (Registrar)
- Information Technology (IT Support)
- Joint Degree Programs (Associate Dean Rodriguez-Dod)
- Law Review (Professor Carpenter, Interim FIU Law Library Director Lisa Davis)
- Letters of Good Standing (Registrar, Associate Dean Fridman)
- Medical Leaves (Associate Dean Fridman)
- Moot Court (Professor Klion)
- Pro Bono Requirement (Prof. Kotey)
- Registration, Drop/Add and Scheduling Support (Registrar, Associate Dean Fridman)
- Student Code of Conduct Matters (Associate Dean Rodriguez-Dod, Associate Dean Fridman)
- Referrals to University and Community Resources (Associate Dean Fridman)
- State Attorney Certification of Enrollment Forms (Registrar, Zoraya Ledesma)
- Student Records (Registrar)
- Study Abroad Programs (Associate Dean Manuel A. Gomez)
- Transcripts (Registrar)
- Visiting Students (Registrar)