FIU Law Students & Alumni Requesting Reciprocity From Other Law Schools
Many law schools make their career planning offices and services available to students and alumni of other law schools on a reciprocal basis. Practices and available services vary from school to school, and an advance letter of introduction from the Ovadia CP&P Office is required.
To request reciprocity from a school outside of South Florida, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Those requesting reciprocity must provide their year in school or year of graduation, contact information, the law school from which they are requesting reciprocity and, if available, the contact information for the reciprocity coordinator at that school, which may be available through NALP.
Please note: Most schools do not offer reciprocity services during the fall, and students and alumni may only have one active reciprocity request at a time.
Students & Alumni From Other Law Schools Seeking Reciprocity With FIU Law
EXTERNAL RECIPROCITY REQUEST FORM: Available here.
The Ovadia CP&P Office is pleased to provide reasonable access to career resources for students and alumni of ABA-accredited law schools that grant reciprocity to FIU Law students and alumni.
- Requests for reciprocity must be made by a law school career services office administrator. Requests may be made by emailing the External Reciprocity Request Form to email@example.com.
- Reciprocity will be extended for a period of three months from the date of approval. Reciprocity is unavailable from August 1 to December 15.
- Reciprocity DOES NOT grant the ability to participate in on- or off-campus recruiting events, counseling services or résumé collect.
- Students or alumni may visit the Ovadia CP&P Office Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and should bring a copy of the letter granting reciprocity and their school ID.
*The Ovadia CP&P Office reserves the right to modify its reciprocity policy, without notice, to keep pace with the employment demands of the local and national legal communities.*
Career Planning and Placement Office
- 11200 SW 8th Street RDB 1055 Miami, FL 33199
- Staff Directory