Eloisa C. Rodriguez-Dod
Associate Dean for Academic AffairsProfessor of Law
Eloisa C. Rodriguez-Dod, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Law, joined the FIU College of Law in 2012. Prior to joining FIU, she was a Professor of Law at NSU College of Law, where she also served as the Academic Director of its University of Barcelona dual-degree program. Dean Rodriguez-Dod has been selected “Professor of the Year” at both law schools and, in 2016, was the recipient of the university-wide FIU Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching. She is a recognized authority in property, estates, elder law, and real estate transactions.
Before joining academia, Dean Rodriguez-Dod practiced law at White & Case. She graduated cum laude from the University of Miami Law School, where she was Special Features and Reports Editor of the Inter-American Law Review and inducted into Order of the Coif. She holds a B.A. in International Marketing & Finance from the University of Miami, where she graduated magna cum laude, and an M.B.A. from Florida International University.
Dean Rodriguez-Dod’s scholarship focuses on the necessary balancing of autonomy versus societal goals. Her work includes books, monographs, book chapters, and law review articles. She has been cited, quoted, and excerpted in texts, scholarly books, articles, academic blogs, and leading treatises. She is frequently invited to speak at panels and legal conferences.
In addition to her service to FIU, Dean Rodriguez-Dod also has a strong commitment to national legal education organizations. She has served on the Audit Committee of the Law School Admissions Council and on American Bar Association site evaluation teams. She is also past Chair and member of the Executive Committee of the Association of American Law Schools Section on Minority Groups.
- Prof. Eloisa C. Rodriguez-Dod Elected to the Executive Committee of the Association of American Law Schools
- Professor Rodriguez-Dod serves as presenter for Minority Lawyers Seminar Series: How to Set Up a Successful Estate Planning and Drafting Practice
- Professor Rodriguez-Dod Presented at the Tuesday Times Roundtable
- Prof. Rodriguez-Dod Honored for Excellence in Teaching
- Professor Eloisa Rodriguez-Dod appointed to Audit Committee of the Law School Admission Council
- Professor Rodriguez-Dod co-authors paper on law, religion and infectious disease; will present at Harvard
- Professor Rodriguez-Dod invited to speak at the 2015 SE/SW People of Color Legal Scholarship Conference
- Professor Rodriguez-Dod at the AALS Minority Groups Awards Luncheon in D.C.
- Professor Eloisa Rodriguez-Dod at the Third Annual Elder Law Symposium