Interlibrary Loan Request
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) from FIU Law Library is a service available exclusively for FIU Law faculty, students and staff. These individuals may enter a request using the Law Library's Interlibrary Loan Request Form.
All other members of the FIU Community should submit ILL requests through FIU Libraries.
Interlibrary Loan FAQ
Copyright Information and Restrictions
The FIU Libraries retain the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve a violation of copyright.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research". If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use", that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
UBorrow is an interlibrary loan system between the State University Libraries of Florida. Only books are available through UBorrow. E-Books and audiovisual materials are not available at this time.
Submit UBorrow requests via the State University Library Union Catalog.
View UBorrow requests via your Library Account.
- Available to current FIU faculty, staff, and students only.
- Initial loan period is 30 days.
- One 30 day renewal with approval from the lending library.
- Notifications are sent by email.
- A limit of 20 UBorrow items can be checked out at a time.
- All FIU Libraries fines and fees apply.
- Only books are available through UBorrow. E-Books and audiovisual materials are not available at this time.
- Law students can pick-up requested items at the Law Library Circulation Desk.
- Items requested by College of Law faculty members will be delivered to the faculty member's office.
How do I know when my materials arrive?
Faculty, staff and students are notified via email when their ILL items arrive. Items requested by staff and students should be picked up at the Circulation Desk. Items requested by faculty will be delivered to the faculty member's office.
What cannot be ordered?
Materials available in any of the FIU Libraries, including audiovisual, microfilm and e-books, cannot be requested through interlibrary loan.
Contact FIU Law Library ILL staff via email or telephone at 305-348-7206. The ILL Department hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
ILL Request Form
M-TH 8:30 am - 7:00 pm
FRI 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
SAT 10:00 am - 5:00 pm