Career Planning and Exploration
- 12 Months of Diversity & Inclusion Opportunities (ABA Office of Diversity & Inclusion: Resources for Minority Law Students)
- ABA Internship Resources
- ABA Section of International Law – International Law Firm Internships
- Animal Law: The ALDF Opportunities in Animal Law booklet contains information about clerkships, scholarships, job and pro bono opportunities, law journals, research tools, Student Animal Legal Defense Fund (SALDF) chapters and more.
- Calendar and Timelines
- Career Planning Development Plan
- Careers in Law
- Chambers Associate
- Equal Justice Works (EJW) – “Take Control of Your Future” (Free Student Loan Debt e-Book)
- FireScience.org: Guide to Public Service Careers
- Guide to Alternative Careers
- Guide to Judicial Internships
- OSCAR Program Office Resources for Clerkship and Staff Attorney Applicants:
- Intellectual Property: Careers in IP-Entertainment-Technology Law (select employers with whom FIU Law alumni have found employment)
- A sample of IP law firms in the Greater Miami Area
- Juvenile Defense Policy and Practice Career Resource Guide (by NJDC)
- Peggy Browning Fund
- Podcast: AIPLA Podcast Network – hub for IP news, analysis, and debate
- Podcast: ‘I Am the Law‘ – Law School Transparency offers podcasts focusing on different legal jobs
- Podcast: ‘The Gen Why Lawyer‘ – explores unconventional career paths for young attorneys
- The Florida Bar – Master Calendar of Events
- Vault Campus
- Vermont Law: Judicial Clerkship Guide (please contact the CP&P Office for username/password).
- Voluntary Bar Association Networking Events
- ABA Career Center
- Arizona Government Honors & Internships + Public Policy Handbooks: Federal, state and local government programs. Please contact the CP&P Office for the password.
- Evolve Law Jobs: Jobs board for those interested in working in the legal technology sphere.
- Intercollegiate Job Bank: A product of a consortium of member law schools around the country who share job postings for post-graduate positions, particularly helpful to students who seek positions outside of Florida. To obtain log-in information, please contact the CP&P Office.
- Patent Law: Patently-O
- Post Graduate Fellowships
- PSJD: Public sector opportunities, including jobs in government and within law schools, around the globe.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Select writing competitions in the fields of IP, Entertainment and Technology Law available here.
ADDITIONAL WRITING COMPETITIONS: Available at iCompete Writing.
2020 HOGAN/SMOGER ACCESS TO JUSTICE ESSAY COMPETITION [DEADLINE: APR. 30, 2020 BY 11:59 P.M.]
Topic: "Court's Secrecy"
Complete details: Available @ citizen.org/article/the-2020-hogan-smoger-access-to-justice-essay-competition/
THE COLLEGE OF LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAWYERS & ABA SECTION OF LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW ANNUAL LAW STUDENT WRITING COMPETITION [DEADLINE: JUNE 15, 2020 BY MIDNIGHT EST]
Complete details: Available @ laborandemploymentcollege.org/images/pdfs/AME_COL_WRITING_COMPETITION_ANNOUNCMENT_AND_RULES_2020.pdf
Résumés, Cover Letters & Other Correspondence
Social Media Marketing Resources
- CP&P Office LinkedIn Guide for Law Students Brochure
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
- LinkedIn Help Center
- LinkedIn Jobs
- FIU Alumni Association social media accounts
- How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile for Job Search Success
- LinkedIn for Job Seekers: How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
- What Job Seekers, Employees and Employers Need to Know About Social Media
Academic Policies & Regulations – Employment Restrictions
Per FIU Law’s Academic Policies & Regulations, certain employment restrictions are imposed upon full-time first year students as well as part-time students. These regulations in their entirety are available at law.fiu.edu/aba/.