Career Planning and Exploration
- 12 Months of Diversity & Inclusion Opportunities (ABA Office of Diversity & Inclusion: Resources for Minority Law Students)
- ABA Internship Resources
- ABA Section of International Law – International Law Firm Internships
- Animal Law: The ALDF Opportunities in Animal Law booklet contains information about clerkships, scholarships, job and pro bono opportunities, law journals, research tools, Student Animal Legal Defense Fund (SALDF) chapters and more.
- Calendar and Timelines
- Career Planning Development Plan
- Careers in Law
- Chambers Associate
- Equal Justice Works (EJW) – “Take Control of Your Future” (Free Student Loan Debt e-Book)
- FireScience.org: Guide to Public Service Careers
- Guide to Alternative Careers
- Guide to Judicial Internships
- Intellectual Property: Careers in IP-Entertainment-Technology Law (select employers with whom FIU Law alumni have found employment)
- A sample of IP law firms in the Greater Miami Area
- OSCAR Program Office Resources for Clerkship and Staff Attorney Applicants:
- Juvenile Defense Policy and Practice Career Resource Guide (by NJDC)
- Peggy Browning Fund
- Podcast: AIPLA Podcast Network – hub for IP news, analysis, and debate
- Podcast: ‘I Am the Law‘ – Law School Transparency offers podcasts focusing on different legal jobs
- Podcast: ‘The Gen Why Lawyer‘ – explores unconventional career paths for young attorneys
- The Florida Bar – Master Calendar of Events
- Vault Campus
- Vermont Law: Judicial Clerkship Guide (please contact the CP&P Office for username/password).
- Voluntary Bar Association Networking Events
- The Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar - Find an Affiliate
- ABA Career Center
- Arizona Government Honors & Internships + Public Policy Handbooks: Federal, state and local government programs. Please contact the CP&P Office for the password.
- BARBRI Job Network
- Evolve Law Jobs: Jobs board for those interested in working in the legal technology sphere.
- Florida Bar Career Center
- Patent Law: Patently-O
- Post Graduate Fellowships
- PSJD: Public sector opportunities, including jobs in government and within law schools, around the globe.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Select writing competitions in the fields of IP, Entertainment and Technology Law available here.
ADDITIONAL WRITING COMPETITIONS: Available at iCompete Writing.
FJA RESEARCH & EDUCATION FOUNDATION ESSAY CONTEST [DEADLINE: MAR. 31, 2021 BY 11:59 P.M. EST]
Topic: The United States is one of only a few nations that continues to preserve the right to civil jury trials. For this essay, please discuss the historical and continued importance of having access to a jury to render decisions in civil cases, why the right to a civil jury trial has become increasingly controversial, and what can be done to preserve it.
Complete details: Available @ CP&P Office BLOG
MARSHALL M. SCHULMAN 2020-2021 COMPETITION FOR STUDENT PAPERS IN CRIMINAL LAW AND/OR CRIMINAL PROCEDURE [DEADLINE: APR. 2, 2021 BY MIDNIGHT]
Topic: The paper must pertain to criminal law and/or to criminal procedure, with a particular focus on contemporary issues of concern in the State of California.
Complete details: Available @ calawyers.org/section/criminal-law/student-writing-competition/
Résumés, Cover Letters & Other Correspondence
Social Media Marketing Resources
- CP&P Office LinkedIn Guide for Law Students Brochure
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
- LinkedIn Help Center
- LinkedIn Jobs
- FIU Alumni Association social media accounts
- How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile for Job Search Success
- LinkedIn for Job Seekers: How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
- What Job Seekers, Employees and Employers Need to Know About Social Media
Academic Policies & Regulations – Employment Restrictions
Per FIU Law’s Academic Policies & Regulations, certain employment restrictions are imposed upon full-time first year students as well as part-time students. These regulations in their entirety are available at law.fiu.edu/aba/.