Looking for help in your law school courses? Practical Law Course Study Collections organizes resources around your courses.
Looking for training in practice-readiness? LexisNexis' Prepare to Practice tools included from the Law Library and are designed to get you ready from Day One with self-paced trainings and certifications.
Looking for tools to understand nuances in the law and create state surveys? Bloomberg Law's State Law Chart Builders makes it easy to understand the differences in the laws across the United States.
Digital Reference Resources
Proview: Court Rules, Manuals and Subject Treatises
Thomson Reuters Proview provides ebooks of current and previous Florida State and Federal rules. You can personalize your Proview bookshelf to your practice and jurisdiction. Your digital highlights and notes automatically transfer to each new edition every year: there is no need to move your tabs and notes manually anymore. And, Proview is also available campus-wide to FIU as Proview IP through FIU Law Library, giving our faculty and students the flexibility to access current content.
Sample titles utilized daily in courts:
- Florida Rules of Court - Federal
- Florida Rules of Court - State
- Florida Rules of Court - Local
- West's Florida Criminal and Motor Vehicle Law
- West's Florida Criminal Laws and Rules
- West's Florida Family Laws and Rules
- West's Florida Probate Code with Related Laws and Court Rules
For one-on-one training and support to create a course-based or practice-based Proview bookshelf, Ask a Law Librarian for assistance.
Lexis Digital Libraries: Practice Guides, Courtroom Manuals, Treatises and Forms
Lexis Digital Libraries puts a law firm library in the palm of your hand. Digital editions of practitioner manuals, guides, and primary laws, are all available for checkout and annotation in your personal account.
Sample titles utilized daily in law firms:
- Florida Evidence Courtroom Manual
- LexisNexis Practice Guides: Florida e-Discovery and Evidence
- LexisNexis Practice Guides: Florida DUI Law
- The Florida Bar Practitioner's Series
- Americans with Disability Act
- Attorney's Fees in Florida
- Bender's Federal Practice Forms
- Treatise: Corbin on Contracts
- Treatise: Collier on Bankruptcy
For one-on-one training and support to create a course-based or practice-based Lexis Digital Libraries bookshelf, Ask a Law Librarian for assistance.
Courtroom Cast Powered by Courtroom View Network (CVN)
Courtroom Cast, powered by Courtroom View Network (CVN) is offered by FIU Law Library through LexisNexis. Real courtrooms and cases are available to watch on-demand. Courtroom Cast Training Libraries provide streamed content with commentary geared toward learning:
- Trial Advocacy
- Rules of Evidence
- Appellate Advocacy
This resource is linked to FIU Law's LexisAdvance credentials; use your LexisAdvance @fiu.edu email and password to login.
For one-on-one training and support to create a course-based or practice-based Courtroom Cast video or training library, Ask a Law Librarian for assistance.
MON-FRI 8:30 am - 5:00 pm