Well-Being at FIU Law
Well-Being at FIU Law is a proud recipient of the 2021 Gambrell Professionalism Award, administered by the ABA Standing Committee on Professionalism, which recognizes exemplary and innovative programs that help maintain the highest principles of integrity and dedication to the legal profession and the public.
Well-being is the ongoing process of seeking to thrive in each of life’s dimensions: intellectual, physical, emotional, social, occupational, and spiritual. Your well-being is integral to your life as a law student and future advocate.
Colors in the scales of justice represent the domains of well-being.
Logo created by Marissa Cabrera, Office of Student Services.
Law students who are proactive about their well-being are better equipped to reach their academic potential. They are more likely to become lawyers who competently and ethically serve their clients, the profession, and society. And they are more likely to enjoy the rewards of a rich and meaningful professional life.
We invite you to commit to your well-being today. Take advantage of opportunities featured here to learn, reflect, and engage on issues of well-being, resilience, meaning, and success—however you define it.
Well-Being Discussions & Webinars
Well-Being Discussions and Webinars
- Being Well Videos with Professor Lozada
- Be Intentional: Formation of Your Professional Identity Is No Accident with Professor Kotey
- Get a Grip on Your Financial Well-Being with Dean Gabilondo
- Mindfulness & The Profession with Scott Rogers
- Mindfulness & The Profession with Tony Recio, Esq.
- Mindfulness and Well-Being: Practicing Law in Uncertain Times With Professor Lozada
- Oral Argument Without Angst: A Mindful Practice with Professor Lozada & Dean Ortega
- Finding Your Own Path with Professor Fairlie and FIU Law Alumni
Books & Podcasts