Judge Aaron B. Cohen Judicial Externship Program
Judge Aaron B. Cohen
A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and New York University Law School, Judge Aaron B. Cohen was admitted to the New York Bar in 1941. He served as a Family Court Judge in New York State before retiring to South Florida.
Named in his honor, the Judge Aaron B. Cohen Judicial Externship Program reflects the commitment of Judge Cohen and FIU Law to providing students opportunities to gain firsthand experience as judicial externs. The stipend is awarded to students who participate in non-paid judicial externships.
Judge Aaron B. Cohen Externship Scholarship
- Enrolled at the College of Law in good academic standing with at least one year of course work completed.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident who has demonstrated long-lasting ties to either Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade or Monroe counties in Florida.
- Unmet financial need, as determined by the federal financial aid form (FASFA).
- Exemplary community service (as determined by the applicants personal statement)
- Shares a dedication to support the education of the next generation of lawyers.
- Submit a typed personal statement (double spaced, two-page maximum) that describes the applicant’s educational goals and how the externship will help fulfill those goals.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher/professor/other professional who can attest to the student’s academic potential, leadership qualities, and/or community services within the past two (2) years.
- 11200 SW 8 Street, RDB 1010 Miami, FL 33199
- Staff Directory
- Mon-Thur:9 a.m. - 7 p.m. | Fri: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.