Group Study Rooms Policy
Group Study Rooms Are Closed
Group Study Rooms are unavailable until further notice. The information on this page is applicable once study room reservations recommence.
Group Study Rooms Reservations
Twenty Group Study Rooms are located at the FIU Law Library and are available only for FIU Law students currently enrolled and FIU Law Alumni taking the bar exam.
- Study rooms are to be used for group study sessions of two or more law students with valid FIU IDs. No exceptions. No other form of identification will be accepted.
- Each person in the study group must be identified when the key is checked out.
- The larger study rooms cannot be reserved for groups with less than three people.
- Study rooms 3095A, 3095B, 3095C, 3096, 3110A, 3110B, 3111 and 3112 may be reserved for use by one or two law students.
- Rooms are allocated on a “first come first served” basis.
- Keys are checked out at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Law Library for a single three-hour period.
- Renewal of the initial three hour reservation must be requested in person at the circulation desk and will be allowed only if there are no pending study room requests.
- Study room keys must be returned to the Circulation Desk by the end of the three hour session. Keys may not be passed on to subsequent users.
- At the end of the allotted reservation, the key must be returned to the Circulation Desk. A $30 per hour (or part thereof) fine will be assessed if the key is not returned within 5 minutes of the reservation end time.
- Students that check out the room keys will be charged with a $150.00 replacement fee if the key is lost or otherwise not returned to the Circulation Desk.
- No food or beverage - other than water in a closed container - is allowed in the group study rooms.
- Neither the Library nor the University is responsible for unattended, lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- Rooms may not be left unattended at any time. If a room is left unattended its use will be relinquished.
- Students using the study rooms are asked to refrain from loud conversations and excessive noise as these rooms are not soundproof and noise does carry into the other areas of the Law Library.
- Students that violate these policies will be required to vacate the study room.
- The door locks automatically so remember to take the key with you when stepping outside the room.
- Please make sure the group study room is locked and empty when you leave.
- Reservations that are not claimed within fifteen minutes of the reservation time are subject to cancellation.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in the immediate relinquishing of the room.
If you have questions, please visit the Information Desk of the Law Library.
M-TH 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
FRI 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
SAT 10:00 am - 6:00 pm