FIU Law congratulates Melissa Madrigal, J.D. ’11, on being promoted to Partner at Creizman LLC in New York City. Ms. Madrigal’s areas of practice focus on white collar and federal criminal defense. From the press release:
“Ms. Madrigal has practiced at Creizman LLC for three years and has taken a leading role in some of the firm’s most high-profile white collar representations including:
- the defense of the lead defendant in the largest-ever no-fault insurance fraud prosecution ever brought in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (12-CR-171-SDNY);
- the sentencing and appeal of a broker in the Agape World financial fraud, the largest-ever ponzi scheme prosecuted in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, Long Island division (12-CR-357-EDNY, 16-2696-2d Cir.);
- defending an individual in a prosecution by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York for allegedly participating in an illegal bitcoin money transmitting business (15-CR-769-SDNY);
- defending an individual in a prosecution by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York for allegedly participating in a hedge fund mismarking fraud scheme (16-CR-483-SDNY);
- the sentencing and appeal of a public company corporate executive charged with participating in a conspiracy to inflate a construction contract funded by HUD (15-CR-17-SDNY).”
The full release can be read online at preweb.com.