H.T. Smith Black Law Student Association (BLSA)
The purpose of the H.T. Smith Black Law Student Association is to utilize the collective resources of its members to:
- Articulate and promote the professional needs and goals of African-American law students.
- Aid in the recruitment, retention, and placement of African-American law students.
- Serve as a source of information for African-American law students and for prospective applicants to the College of Law.
- Foster an atmosphere of community and facilitate unity and support among law students.
- Instill in the African-American attorney and law student a greater awareness of and commitment to the needs of the African-American community.
2021-2022 Executive Board
|Vice President||Brittani Burkesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|1L Retention Committee||Courtney Thomasemail@example.com|
|1L Retention Committee||Tierra Fulwoodfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|1L Retention Committee||Jameesha Rockemail@example.com|
|BRO Director||Justin Coffiefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alumni Affairs Chair||Amber Greenemail@example.com|
|Faculty Advisor||Phyllis Kotey|
Why Diversity Matters