Once again this past year, Professor Esquirol was invited to present his scholarship all over the world: in seven countries plus the U.S. on five continents. His presentations include lectures in Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish (as well as English). Below is the list of his very global itinerary and some upcoming events:
(1)“Social Science and Informal Property”, lecture at Max Planck Institute of Social Anthropology, Halle, Germany, June 14-16, 2017 (upcoming).
(2) “The New Political Economy of Globalization,” at Institute of Global Law and Policy, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA. June 6, 2017 (upcoming).
(3) “Innovations in Property Law,” presentations at Universidad del Rosario, Bogota and Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, Colombia May 15-19, 2017.
(4) “Law, Informality and Inequality” presentations at Thailand Institute of Justice, Bangkok, Thailand, January 7-9, 2017.
(5) “Ficções do direito Latino-americano” lecture to faculty and graduate students at Universidade de São Paulo, São Paulo Brazil. December 14, 2016 . In Portuguese
(6) “El paradigma de derecho-y-desarrollo en America Latina: la influencia estadounidense sobre el derecho en la region.” Plenary lecture, International Academy of Comparative Law, Opening Speaker at Latin American Regional Congress. Montevideo, Uruguay, November 17, 2016 In Spanish.
(7) “Agrarian Reform in the Colombian Peace Talks,” invited speaker in Department of International Relations at University of Trento, Trento, Italy. May 24, 2016.
(8) “ I confini della proprietà: la pace e la riforma agraria in America Latina,” invited speaker at Università degli Studi di Trieste. May 19, 2016, Trieste, Italy (in Italian).
(9) “Il processo di pace in Colombia e la riforma agraria” invited speaker at Doctoral program at Universita degli Studi di Trento, Trento, Italy. May 12, 2016 (in Italian).
(10) “Locale e globale nel diritto Latino Americano. Il caso della proprietà rurale e urbana.” Invited Speaker at University of Perugia, Perugia Italy, April 22, 2016. (in Italian)
(11) “Sistemi giuridici latino-americani: il processo di pace in Colombia” guest taught in Sistemi giuridici course at Universita degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale, Novara, Italy April 13, 2016 (in Italian)
(12) “Il processo di pace in Colombia e le implicazioni per la riforma agraria” Invited speaker at Doctoral Program, University of Torino, Torino, Italy. April 12, 2016 (in Italian)
(13) Invited speaker on Latin America, at African Scholars Workshop at University of Cape Town South Africa, January 17, 2016.