The FIU College of Law Juris Master (J.M.) degree in Banking Compliance is specifically designed for non-lawyers who want to advance their careers with legal training. The 30 credit master’s program offers five areas of concentration to help entrepreneurs and professionals in banking.* This program does not qualify students to sit for the Florida Bar Examination.
The 30 credit JM degree, affordably priced at $24,726.30** for Florida Residents, is unique in its compliance specific focus.
**Plus university fees. A customary incremental increase in fees can be expected for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Complete online application, by clicking here. (including documentation for requirements listed below)
- Submit $30 application fee. Payable here.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Four years of work experience in concentration field or
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree GPA of 3.0 or above or
- or LSAT, GRE, GMAT or MCAT score.
- Professional Resume or Transcripts
- Personal Statement (essay or statement of interest)
- References (professional or academic)
All classes will be held in the state of the art Rafael Diaz-Balart Hall on the Modesto A. Maidique Campus of Florida International University. Campus map is available at campusmaps.fiu.edu. Address is 11200 S.W. 8 Street, RDB 2080 Miami, FL 33199
The Juris Master courses are conveniently scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
*In October 2015 the ABA Accreditation Committee, “under the authority delegated by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar, acquiesce[d] in the application of the law school for the establishment of the J.M. Program for a maximum of 40 students (Standard 506 and Rule 3(b)(3).”