The FIU College of Law launched the Juris Master with a concentration in Banking Compliance program in Fall 2016. Applications for the Fall 2017 Cohort in Banking Compliance, and Health Care Compliance will be available in September 2016. In October 2015 the ABA Accreditation Committee, “under the authority delegated by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar, acquiesce[d] in the application of the law school for the establishment of the J.M. Program for a maximum of 40 students (Standard 506 and Rule 3(b)(3).”
The 30 credit JM degree, affordably priced at $20,716.00 for Florida Residents, is unique in its compliance specific focus.
FIU College of Law offers a Juris Master (J.M.) degree specifically designed for non-lawyers. The 30 credit master’s program offers five areas of concentration to help entrepreneurs and professionals in the banking, health care, human resources and educational fields.
The banking compliance concentration is designed for both current, and aspiring banking compliance professionals. This program does not qualify students to sit for the Florida Bar Examination.
- Complete online application via law.fiu.edu/jm (including documentation for requirements listed below)
- Submit $30 application fee. Payable here.
- Attend orientation on Saturday, August 20, 2016.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Four years of work experience in concentration field or
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree GPA of 3.0 or above or
- or LSAT, GRE, GMAT or MCAT score.
- Professional Resume or Transcripts
- Personal Statement (essay or statement of interest)
- References (professional or academic)
All classes will be held in the state of the art Rafael Diaz-Balart Hall on the Modesto A. Maidique Campus of Florida International University. Campus map is available at campusmaps.fiu.edu. Address is 11200 S.W. 8 Street, RDB 2015 Miami, FL 33199
The Juris Master courses are conveniently scheduled on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday mornings.