The FIU College of Law Juris Master (J.M.) degree program is specifically designed for non-lawyers who want to advance their careers with legal training. The 30 credit master’s program offers five areas of concentration to help entrepreneurs and professionals in the banking, human resources and educational fields.* This program does not qualify students to sit for the Florida Bar Examination.
Applications for the Fall 2019 Cohort in Banking Compliance is available here.
The 30 credit JM degree, affordably priced at $24,726.30** for Florida Residents, is unique in its compliance specific focus.
**Plus university fees. A customary incremental increase in fees can be expected for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Complete online application, by clicking here. (including documentation for requirements listed below)
- Submit $30 application fee. Payable here.
- Attend orientation on Saturday, August 17, 2019.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Four years of work experience in concentration field or
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree GPA of 3.0 or above or
- or LSAT, GRE, GMAT or MCAT score.
- Professional Resume or Transcripts
- Personal Statement (essay or statement of interest)
- References (professional or academic)
All classes will be held in the state of the art Rafael Diaz-Balart Hall on the Modesto A. Maidique Campus of Florida International University. Campus map is available at campusmaps.fiu.edu. Address is 11200 S.W. 8 Street, RDB 2080 Miami, FL 33199
The Juris Master courses are conveniently scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
*In October 2015 the ABA Accreditation Committee, “under the authority delegated by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar, acquiesce[d] in the application of the law school for the establishment of the J.M. Program for a maximum of 40 students (Standard 506 and Rule 3(b)(3).”