Professor Strickman began his academic career on the faculty of the Boston University School of Law from 1966-1970. He left academia for two years to serve as Minority Counsel to the United States Senate Select Committee on Equal Educational Opportunity. He returned to teaching in 1972 at the Boston College Law School where he served for nine years. He continued to teach and write in the areas of Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Education Law, and also taught the basic course in Administrative Law.
In 1981 he joined the faculty of the Northern Illinois University College of Law, where he served as Dean for nine years, leading that young law school to full ABA accreditation and AALS membership. In 1991 he became Dean of the University of Arkansas School of Law, a position in which he served for eight years. He left the faculty there in January, 2001 for the founding deanship at FIU. He continued to teach through most years of his deanships. He has also served as a visiting professor at the University of Colorado School of Law and at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law.
He has been active in national legal education, serving, among other assignments, on the Accreditation Committee of the ABA and the Committee on Academic Freedom and Tenure of the AALS. He has performed twenty-one accreditation site visits for the American Bar Association, chairing eighteen of those site teams.
- eResources Spotlight: Comparative Law Resources: Law and Artificial Intelligence
- PROFESSOR H.T. SMITH FEATURED PANELIST AT NATIONAL BAR ASSOCIATION-ABOTA CIVIL TRIAL ADVOCACY BOOT CAMP
- eResources Spotlight: The Oxford Encyclopedia of EU Law
- eResources Spotlight: New on Bloomberg Law
- Professor Fingerhut in Daily Business Review on Judicial Outburst in Parkland Death Penalty Trial
- eResources Spotlight: Oxford Handbooks Online Law Collection
- FIU Law attended SUI IURIS Annual Summit (Brazil 2022) as a Permanent Member – The only ABA-approved law school
- Florida Bar Evidence and Ethics Committee Appointments for Professor Fingerhut
- Comparative Law E-Book: The Globalization of Legal Education: A Critical Perspective
- Prof. Erwin quoted in High Country News on the Recovering America’s Wildlife Act and Climate Change