Education & CV
- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.A., Columbia College, Columbia University
- Contract Law
- Employment Discrimination
- Feminist Theory/Gender
- Labor & Employment Law
Professor Stone teaches Employment Discrimination, Employment Law, Labor Law, and Contracts at the FIU College of Law. After receiving a B.A. in English and Comparative Literature from Columbia University, magna cum laude, Professor Stone received her Juris Doctorate from NYU School of Law, where she was named a Robert McKay Scholar and served as the Developments Editor of the NYU Journal of International Law and Politics.
She has served as a law clerk to the Honorable Michael H. Dolinger in the Southern District of New York, the Honorable Julio M. Fuentes and the Honorable Maryanne Trump Barry, both of whom sit on the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in Newark, New Jersey. Professor Stone was then associated with the law firm of Proskauer Rose in New York, New York, at which time she was appointed to the Federal Legislation Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York. She served as an adjunct professor at Montclair State University’s School of Business in Upper Montclair, New Jersey. Professor Stone then became an Honorable Abraham L. Freedman Teaching Fellow and Lecturer in Law at Temple University’s Beasley School of Law.
Her research focuses on examining anti-discrimination jurisprudence, and her work has appeared or will appear in the Hastings Law Journal, the NYU Annual Survey of American Law, the Yale Journal of Law and Feminism, the Akron Law Review, the Loyola Law Review, the Kansas Law Review, the NYU Journal of Legislation and Public Policy, the Columbia Journal of Gender & Law, and the NYU Journal of International Law and Politics, among other journals. She is an officer of and an advisor to the Rosemary Barkett Appellate Inn of Court, and she was recently appointed as a Research Fellow of NYU’s Center for Labor and Employment Law and as a Contributing Editor for Jotwell’s Labor & Employment Law Section.
- Professor Kerri Stone Gives Public Lecture on Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the #MeToo Movement
- Professor Kerri Stone has been Quoted in News and Guts
- Professor Kerri Stone Invited to Speak at the 2018 Florida DCA Judges' Conference
- Professor Kerri L. Stone accepted the inaugural Section of the Year Award during 2018 AALS Annual Meeting.
- Professor Kerri L. Stone Recently Quoted in AALS News
- Professor Kerri L. Stone and Eric R. Carpenter have been Quoted in a Miami Herald Publication
- Professor Kerri L. Stone and Eric R. Carpenter have been Quoted on a Miami Herald Publication
- Professor Stone Quoted in Fast Company Article
- Prof. Stone discusses the 40-hour work week and improving the bottom line
- Professor Stone article in St. John's Journal