Professor Lozada teaches Legal Skills and Values I and II; Professional Responsibility; and Professionalism, Ethics, and the Legal Profession. She serves as the faculty advisor to the Public Interest Network and the Mindfulness Association.
Lozada graduated magna cum laude from Notre Dame Law School, where she attended as a McCafferty Scholar and received the Distinguished Graduate Student Award for excellence in academics and service. Lozada clerked for the late Edward B. Davis, former Chief Judge of the Southern District of Florida. She was awarded a Skadden Fellowship to represent low-wage immigrant workers in South Florida on issues ranging from wage and hour abuse to civil rights violations. Lozada served as assistant general counsel for the University of Miami from 2002 through 2006 and was a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of College and University Law.
Lozada is engaged in well-being and leadership initiatives nationally and locally. She serves as 2021 Chair of the AALS Section on Balance in Legal Education, and she is involved in leadership programming for the Association of Legal Writing Directors.
At FIU, Lozada serves as a faculty fellow for the Office of Faculty Leadership & Success, and she is a member of the Steering Committee for FIU’s Quality Enhancement Plan, Critical Skills for the 21st Century. She frequently collaborates with the Center for the Advancement of Teaching through an interdisciplinary workgroup that fosters Contemplative Practices in Education. Lozada also co-facilitates and leads faculty reading groups on social change, racial justice, and mindfulness; and law student reading groups.
Lozada is trained as a mindfulness facilitator with UCLA’s Mindfulness Awareness Research Center at the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior. Born in Miraflores, Perú, Lozada is a native Spanish speaker.
- Professor Lozada featured in FIU Magazine story “Rx for law and medical students: teaching those under unique pressures how to care for themselves”
- Prof. Rosario Lozada Interviewed by AALS on Promoting Well-Being in Legal Education
- Prof. Rosario Lozada Featured in National Jurist Magazine Cover Story “How to Thrive as a Law Student During a Pandemic”
- Professor Rosario Lozada Schrier co-authors article for Law360
- Assistant Professor of Legal Skills and Values Rosario Schrier co-authors article