Professor Legal Skills & Values and Director of Well-Being in Law
Professor Lozada serves as director of Well-Being in Law and teaches Legal Skills and Values, Professional Responsibility, and Mindfulness and the Law.
Engaged in well-being and leadership initiatives nationally and locally, Professor Lozada served as 2021 Chair of the AALS Section on Balance and Well-Being in Legal Education. She has led and co-facilitated faculty reading groups on social change and mindfulness with FIU’s Center for the Advancement of Teaching, and she has also developed CLE workshops on mindfulness and well-being.
Professor Lozada’s work has been recognized by national and state organizations. She was awarded the 2022 Florida Bar Law Faculty Professionalism Award, the 2022 Legal Writing Institute’s Influential Teaching Award, and the 2021 FIU Torch Award. Professor Lozada co-developed Well-Being at FIU Law—an initiative that earned the 2021 Gambrell Professionalism Award administered by the ABA Standing Committee on Professionalism.
Professor Lozada graduated magna cum laude from Notre Dame Law School and summa cum laude from the University of Notre Dame. She attended law school as a McCafferty Scholar and received the Distinguished Graduate Student Award for excellence in academics and service. Professor Lozada clerked for the late Edward B. Davis, former Chief Judge of the Southern District of Florida, and was subsequently awarded a two-year Skadden Fellowship.
Professor Lozada is certified as a professional mindfulness teacher by the International Mindfulness Teachers Association, having studied mindfulness with Diana Winston and Marvin G. Belzer, Ph.D., at UCLA’s Mindfulness Awareness Research Center, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior.
Born in Miraflores, Perú, Professor Lozada is a native Spanish speaker. She enjoys spending time with her family and in nature.
- Professor Lozada featured in FIU Magazine story “Rx for law and medical students: teaching those under unique pressures how to care for themselves”
- Prof. Rosario Lozada Interviewed by AALS on Promoting Well-Being in Legal Education
- Prof. Rosario Lozada Featured in National Jurist Magazine Cover Story “How to Thrive as a Law Student During a Pandemic”
- Professor Rosario Lozada Schrier co-authors article for Law360
- Assistant Professor of Legal Skills and Values Rosario Schrier co-authors article