Education & CV
- Ph.D. (law), Leiden University
- Golieb Fellow, New York University Law School
- Ph.D. (law), Cambridge University
- J.D., Cornell Law School
- B.A., Boston University
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Legal History
BiographyFaculty Selected PublicationsNews Items
M.C. Mirow is a founding faculty member of the College of Law and a member of the Florida bar. In 2019, he was elected a Vocal (Executive Committee member) of the Instituto Internacional de Historia del Derecho Indiano and a Corresponding Member of the Legal History section of the Academia Nacional de Historia (Argentina). The same year, he served as Chair of the award committee for the Peter Gonville Stein Book Award of the American Society for Legal History and a Visiting Professor at the University of Lille (France) and the Universidad del Salvador (Argentina). In 2016, he was a MacCormick Fellow at the University of Edinburgh Law School, and in 2014, he received a Golden Quill Award from the Florida Historical Society. He has previously served as a Fulbright U.S. Visiting Scholar in Chile, a Mentschikoff Fellow at the University of Miami, and a Kelley Lecturer at Davidson College. Mirow is on the Board of Editors of the Law and History Review and serves as a co-editor of the series the Legal History Library (Brill/Nijhoff). He is a Corresponding Member of the Instituto de Investigaciones de Historia del Derecho in Buenos Aires.
- Latin American Constitutions: The Constitution of Cádiz and its Legacy in Spanish America (Cambridge University Press, 2015).
- Florida’s First Constitution: The Constitution of Cádiz (Carolina Academic Press, 2012).
- Latin American Law: A History of Private Law and Institutions in Spanish America (University of Texas Press, 2004, paperback 2009).
- Professor Mirow Publishes on Florida Legal History in Washington University Journal of Law and Policy
- Mirow & Wasserman Reviewed on SCOTUSBlog
- Profs. Mirow and Wasserman publish Painting Constitutional Law
- Prof. Mirow publishes chapter on judges in British East Florida
- Series co-edited by Prof. Mirow publishes study on credit in the Low Countries
- Professor Mirow at the American Society for Legal History, Boston
- Professor Mirow elected to Executive Committee of international institute of legal history
- Professor Mirow speaks in Spain and Italy on Florida legal history
- Professor Mirow publishes chapter on property in the Argentine Constitution
- Series co-edited by Professor Mirow Publishes Study of Reason and Fairness in European Law