FIU Law is proud to announce the launch of the Practice-Ready Ethics & Professionalism (PREP) Program. The PREP Program is sponsored by the FIU Law Center for Ethics and Professionalism and the Office of Student Services. Students can achieve the designation of PREP Graduate by attending PREP-sponsored or PREP-designated events throughout the academic year.
PREP-sponsored programming will consist of speakers and workshops on ethics and professionalism; practice readiness; and leadership. PREP-designated events will include all of the high-quality academic and career programming sponsored by faculty, the Ovadia Career Planning and Placement Office and student organizations.
The PREP program offers extra-curricular education programs that promote competency in the following areas:
- Practice-area knowledge
- Practice-Readiness / Practice Skills
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Career Development
How can you become a PREP graduate?
- Earn 12 PREP points during the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Each PREP-sponsored or PREP-designated event is 1 PREP point.
- All Center for Professionalism &Ethics Workshop Series Events are 2 PREP points.
- All-day events, like the Law Review Symposium, can earn up to 3 points. Record your attendance at a PREP event here.
Designate your student organization event as a PREP-approved event.
- Complete a PREP Designation Application form here.