To be mindful. .. to focus your attention, your awareness on the present moment, on your thoughts, on your body, on your feelings – a powerful skill, a way of living, a concept to help improve your physical and mental health and your overall wellbeing. If and how one “practices” mindfulness is personal – only we know what works best for ourselves.
But this does not mean we are alone – build connections with your FIU Law family. We seek to implement programs to help you lead a mindful and conscious life – in law school and in your personal lives. Support, motivate and inspire one another.
Explore upcoming events for mindfulness and well-being:
FIU Run Club
- Tuesdays/Thursdays @ 5:30 P.M. – 6:30 P.M.
- Meeting point in front of the Ocean Bank Convocation Center
- Contact: Nathan Burandt, Wellness Manager @ firstname.lastname@example.org
SEPTEMBER 2019: National Yoga Month
SEPTEMBER 21, 2019: International Day of Peace
OCTOBER – NOVEMBER 2019: FIU Law Library’s Guided Preksha Meditation for Relaxation
- All sessions @ RDB 2080 @ 12:30 P.M. – 1:30 P.M.
- Speaker: Chaitanya Pragya / Coordinator: Pushyamitra Veeramachaneni
- Small refreshments available
- OCTOBER 2: Introduction to Preksha Meditation
- OCTOBER 16: Postures (Asana)
- OCTOBER 30: Science of Breathing (Pranayam)
- NOVEMBER 13: Meditation (Dhyan)
OCTOBER 10, 2019: World Mental Health Day
NOVEMBER 6, 2019: mindful living day (*save the date*)