To be mindful. .. to focus your attention, your awareness on the present moment, on your thoughts, on your body, on your feelings – a powerful skill, a way of living, a concept to help improve your physical and mental health and your overall wellbeing. If and how one “practices” mindfulness is personal – only we know what works best for ourselves.
But this does not mean we are alone – build connections with your FIU Law family. We seek to implement programs to help you lead a mindful and conscious life – in law school and in your personal lives. Support, motivate and inspire one another.
Explore upcoming events for mindfulness and well-being:
FIU Run Club
- Tuesdays/Thursdays @ 5:30 P.M. – 6:30 P.M.
- Meeting point in front of the Ocean Bank Convocation Center
- Contact: Nathan Burandt, Wellness Manager @ email@example.com
SEPTEMBER: National Yoga Month
- Designated by the Department of Health & Human Services “to educate about the health benefits of yoga and to inspire a healthy lifestyle.”
SEPTEMBER 21, 2018: International Day of Peace
SEPTEMBER 22, 2018: Character & Fitness – Spin Into FAWL
SEPTEMBER 2018: Healthy Living Days
SEPTEMBER 27, 2018: Zen Fest
- To promote various mind/body practices and approaches, encouraging FIU students to engage in everyday healthy lifestyle practices! Join for group yoga, acro-yoga, sound therapy, aromatherapy, a full Zen vendor market and more!
- FIU Wellness & Recreation Center @ 4 P.M. – 8 P.M.
NOVEMBER 8, 2018: mindful living day