Legal Incubator Senior Attorney
Karim Batista, Esq. manages the program. Mr. Batista joined the FIU Law Clinic in 2014 as supervising attorney for the Community Lawyering Clinic. Mr. Batista also maintains his own private practice (started out of law school) focusing in the areas of Family Law, Criminal Law (domestic violence issues), and Immigration Law (family-based visas) in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe County. Mr. Batista is committed to the education and professional development of law students and young lawyers. For more information, contact Mr. Karim Batista at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dean Michelle Mason at email@example.com.
Florida International University College of Law provides (1) training in the area of family and matrimonial law, (2) free office space, and (3) business development techniques.
- Family And Matrimonial Law Training: Through the guidance of Senior Attorney Karim Batista, Esq. recent graduates receive the necessary training to represent individuals within the area of family and matrimonial law. Additionally, the Senior Attorney organizes and leads seminars on other legal and business-related issues including civil and criminal procedure, professional responsibility, law firm management and business development
- Free Office Space: Enabling the new lawyer to grow his/her practice by taking on low cost cases without worrying about operational overhead.
- Practice/Business Development: With the help of the Senior Attorney and the FIU Law administration, recent graduates learn the techniques integral to growing a business. Activities will include monthly networking opportunities with members of the South Florida bench and bar.
- Stipend: Over the course of the yearlong residency, fellows will provide representation to 30 low bono clients and receive a stipend of $13,000.
- Continued Good Standing with the State of Florida Bar.
- Attend all monthly seminars and networking sessions.
- Provide representation to 30 low bono clients
- Provide at least 50 hours of pro bono service
- Comply with all rules of professional responsibility and maintain high ethical standards