John F. Stack, Jr.
Founding DeanProfessor of Politics and International Relation and Professor of Law
Education & CV
- Doctor of Humane Letters, honoris causa, Stonehill College, May 2018
- J.D. University of Miami School of Law, May 1989
- Ph.D. Graduate School of International Studies, University of Denver, August 1977
- M.A. Graduate School of International Studies, University of Denver, August 1974
- A.B. Stonehill College, (with Highest Honors) Easton, Massachusetts, May 1972
- Administrative Law
- Conflict of Laws
- Florida Constitutional Law
- National Security
As Dean of the Green School, Dr. Stack oversees eight academic departments, including Criminology and Criminal Justice, Economics, Global and Sociocultural Studies, History, Modern Languages, Politics & International Relations, Public Policy & Administration and Religious Studies. Additionally, he oversees more than 20 of the university’s most prominent international centers, institutes and programs, including the Kimberly Green Latin American and Caribbean Center, the Cuban Research Institute and the Jack D. Gordon Institute for Public Policy.
Dr. Stack is author, co-author, editor and co-editor of 14 books and 35 articles and chapters in edited books. His latest book is Globalization: Debunking the Myths, Third edition (2017.) His book, The New Deal in South Florida: Design, Policy, and Community Building, 1932-1944 (2008), co-edited with John A. Stuart, won the 2009 Silver Medal second prize in the Florida Book Awards for Florida non-fiction. He is co-editor of Courts and Terrorism: Nine Nations Balance Rights and Security (2010) with Mary L. Volcansek.
Dr. Stack twice served as Chair of the Department of Politics & International Relations. He serves on the Board of University Press of Florida, Chair of the Board of Directors of the Jack D. Gordon Institute for Public Policy and as Chair of the University Research Council. He was instrumental in the founding of FIU’s College of Law and chaired the search and screen committees for many of the top administrative positions.
- eResources Spotlight: Daily Business Review
- Emily Mola, Recent Graduate, Wins the International Trademark Association’s 2020 Ladas Award for Article on Trademarks and Traditional Cultural Expressions. IP Certificate Provides Foundation for Career in IP Law
- eResources Spotlight: International Chamber of Commerce, (ICC) Digital Library
- Professor Gabilondo Presents on Cuban law at SIPA
- Professor Gabilondo Analyzes the Pandemic’s Economic Implications on National and Local Media
- eResources Spotlight: Bloomberg Law: Extended Access For 2020 Graduating Law Students
- Prof. Moreno quoted in The Christian Science Monitor on Ahmaud Arbery Case
- Prof. Manuel Gómez Guest Lectured About Virtual and Distributed eCourts in the Course on Technology, Innovation and the Law at Western Sydney University
- eResources Spotlight: TradeLawGuide
- eResources Spotlight: Updates on HeinOnline