The Ovadia CP&P Office aims to guide and assist students in every step of their professional development journey. In keeping with the Office’s partnership model, it is committed to help create and maintain a pipeline of employment opportunities. The CP&P Office also commits to provide comprehensive programming to help students develop the tools needed to meaningfully participate in those opportunities.
THE OVADIA CP&P OFFICE BLOG: Available here.
Weekly posts of upcoming employment opportunities, scholarships, writing competitions and networking events. All information posted on the Blog can also be found on Symplicity.
Career Planning & Exploration
- 12 Months of Diversity & Inclusion Opportunities (ABA Office of Diversity & Inclusion: Resources for Minority Law Students)
- ABA Internship Resources
- ABA Section of International Law – International Law Firm Internships
- Calendar and Timelines
- Career Planning Development Plan
- Careers in Law
- Equal Justice Works (EJW) – “Take Control of Your Future” (Free Student Loan Debt e-Book)
- FireScience.org: Guide to Public Service Careers
- Guide to Alternative Careers
- Guide to Judicial Internships
- Intellectual Property: Careers in IP-Entertainment-Technology Law (select employers with whom FIU Law alumni have found employment)
- Peggy Browning Fund
- Podcast: ‘I Am the Law‘ – Law School Transparency offers podcasts focusing on different legal jobs
- Podcast: ‘The Gen Why Lawyer‘ – explores unconventional career paths for young attorneys
- The Florida Bar – Master Calendar of Events
- Vault Campus
- Vermont Law: Judicial Clerkship Guide (please contact the CP&P Office for username/password).
- Voluntary Bar Association Networking Events
- ABA Legal Career Central
- Arizona Government Honors & Internships + Public Policy Handbooks: Federal, state and local government programs. Please contact the CP&P Office for the password.
- Chambers Associate
- Evolve Law Jobs: Jobs board for those interested in working in the legal technology sphere.
- Intercollegiate Job Bank: A product of a consortium of member law schools around the country who share job postings for post-graduate positions, particularly helpful to students who seek positions outside of Florida. To obtain log-in information, please contact the CP&P Office.
- Patent Law: Patently-O
- Post Graduate Fellowships
- PSJD: Public sector opportunities, including jobs in government and within law schools, around the globe.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Select writing competitions in the fields of IP, Entertainment and Technology Law available here.
Résumés, Cover Letters & Other Correspondence
- Résumé & Cover Letter Workshop
- Résumé Template
- Cover Letter Template
- Guide to Writing Samples
Social Media Marketing Resources
- CP&P Office LinkedIn Guide for Law Students Brochure
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
- How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile for Job Search Success
- LinkedIn Help Center
- FIU Alumni Association on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Jobs
- Recruiting Dinners
- Texting Etiquette
- Additional etiquette resources from Foley & Lardner LLP available here
Academic Policies & Regulations – Employment Restrictions
Per FIU Law’s Academic Policies & Regulations, certain employment restrictions are imposed upon full-time first year students as well as part-time students. These regulations in their entirety are available at law.fiu.edu/aba/.