The mission of FIU Law is to serve the citizens of the State of Florida, particularly South Florida, by providing access to the legal profession through a contemporary, high-quality educational program.
Upon conferral of a Juris Doctorate degree, FIU Law students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of substantive and procedural law.
- Employ legal analysis and reasoning, undertake research, and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Communicate effectively within the legal context in both written and oral form.
- Exercise proper professional and ethical responsibilities toward clients and the legal system.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills for competent and ethical participation within the domestic and the global legal contexts.
- Illustrate the value of community and public service.
- Demonstrate cultural literacy as a commitment to cultural diversity within the legal context.