The LSV program welcomes applications for teaching assistants for LSV I and LSV II for the 2017-2018 academic year. Teaching assistants work directly with the LSV professors and students, fulfilling various responsibilities including mentoring students, holding office hours, presiding over practice oral arguments, and preparing background memoranda on LSV legal simulation assignments. We encourage all interested students to apply.
In order to be eligible for a TA position, you must have completed both LSV I and LSV II. The positions are open to 2Ls, 3Ls, and 4Ls.
The position IS compensated. We anticipate that TAs will work an average of fifteen hours per week.
- Cover letter (see below)
- Transcript (unofficial is fine)
- Writing sample
- Anticipated class schedule for Fall 2017 (required only if you are applying for an LSV I position)
In your cover letter or in a separate document, please include the following information:
- Why you want to be a TA
- Which professors you had for LSV I and LSV II (and LSV III, if applicable, but you do NOT need to have had LSV III in order to serve as a TA)
- Whether you are available to work with both daytime and evening classes, only daytime classes (1:00 p.m.-2:15 p.m. M/W or T/Th), or only evening classes (6:00 p.m.-7:15 p.m. T/Th)
- Whether you prefer to work with daytime classes, evening classes, or you have no preference
- Whether you are applying for Fall 2017 LSV I, Spring 2018 LSV II, you have no preference between the two classes, and/or that you would like to be considered for both classes.
Please e-mail your application materials to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by the end of the day on Friday, July 7, 2017.
Marci A. Rosenthal , Director of Legal Skills and Values Program
Phone: (305) 348-8350