It Ain’t Over Til It’s Over:
When the arbitral award is not the end of the arbitration
Monday, November 16, 2020
12:00 pm to 1:30 pm ET
1.5. Florida CLE (pending)
This roundtable discussion featuring prominent practitioners from Europe, Latin America and the United States, will address the challenges that arise when the arbitral award does not end the dispute and the parties, or the applicable rules do not provide a solution. Several recent investor-state and commercial arbitrations have presented issues of this nature, thus revealing the current importance of this topic.
Following our tradition of hosting an annual arbitration event right after the ICC Latin American conference, this event will take place on November 16th at noon Miami time. In light of the covid-19 restrictions, the event will be offered as a Zoom webinar.
Welcome and introduction:
- Luis O’Naghten, Hughes Hubbard & Reed and Miami International Arbitration Society (Miami)
- Claudia Benavides, Baker & McKenzie (Bogotá)
- Franz Z. Stirniman, Froriep SA (Geneva)
- Domenico Di Pietro, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP (Miami)
- Diego B. Gosis, GST LLP (Miami)
- Manuel A. Gómez, FIU College of Law (Miami)
- This event is free, but registration is required: https://2020aintover.eventbrite.com
- 5. Florida CLE will be offered.
- This event will be hosted by Florida International University College of Law, and co-sponsored by the Miami International Arbitration Society (MIAS)