The Florida International University College of Law Library offers 13 rooms for group study and collaboration. Use of these rooms are governed by the following policies:
- Study rooms are to be used for group study sessions of two or more law students with valid FIU IDs.
- Each person in the study group must be identified when the key is checked out.
- The larger study rooms cannot be reserved for groups with less than three people.
- Study rooms 3095A, 3095B, 3095C, 3110A, 3110B, 3111 and 3112 may be reserved for use by one or two law students.
- Rooms are allocated on a “first come first served” basis.
- Keys are checked out at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Law Library for a single three-hour period.
- Renewal of the initial three hour reservation must be requested in person at the circulation desk and will be allowed only if there are no pending study room requests.
- Study room keys must be returned to the Circulation Desk by the end of the three hour session. Keys may not be passed on to subsequent users.
- Students that check out the room keys are responsible for them and will be fined $10.00 per hour (with a maximum of $50.00) if the room is not vacated and the key returned by the end of the three hour session.
- Students that check out the room keys will be charged with a $150.00 replacement fee if the key is lost or otherwise not returned to the Circulation Desk.
- Students using the study rooms are asked to refrain from loud conversations and excessive noise as these rooms are not soundproof and noise does carry into the other areas of the Law Library.
- Students that violate these policies will be required to vacate the study room.
- The door locks automatically so remember to take the key with you when stepping outside the room.
- Do not leave library books, laptops or personal items in the study rooms. The Law Library is not responsible for the security of personal items left in a study room.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-38139912-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);