WHAT: The FIU Law Center for Professionalism and Ethics, in addition to the The Academic Network, Inc., Dade County Bar Association and The PhD Project present the First Annual Diversity Leadership Summit.
Topics will include:
- The Current State of Affirmative Action in Higher Education
- Establishing the Tools of Leadership Through Effective Communication
- The Business Case for Diversity
- Where the Rubber Meets the Road
- Race and Race Relations: Where is the Median?
- Leading the Charge: Diversity at an Organizational Level
WHEN AND WHERE: Monday, February 6th from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. in the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay.
For more information, please visit http://theacademicnetwork.org/summit.html
About FIU College of Law:
Florida International University College of Law is South Florida’s publicly supported law school. The Princeton Review ranks FIU as one of the nation’s most welcoming schools for diverse students and Hispanic Business has ranked FIU among the top ten law schools for Hispanics. The National Jurist ranks FIU among the top ten schools in the country for best value in legal education. FIU’s faculty continues to gain national prominence, most recently recognized by the Sisk Report as 3rd in Florida for Faculty Scholarly Impact. Unique among law schools, FIU places particular emphasis on integrating international law into every aspect of its curriculum.