Mercedes Armas Bach
Trial Advocacy Program
B.A., University of Miami
J.D., University of Miami School of Law
Hon. Mercedes Armas Bach (Ret.) has extensive experience mediating complex civil disputes and is well regarded for her fairness, diligence, and efficiency in handling a wide variety of matters including business/commercial, construction, employment, family law, insurance, intellectual property, personal injury, professional liability, and real property actions.
Judge Bach brings to her ADR practice at JAMS 17 years of experience from serving on the Florida Courts in Dade County and 13 years in private law practice. A veteran mediator, Judge Bach puts disputing parties at ease with her calm demeanor and warm disposition to effect settlements. She is a Certified Civil Mediator with the Florida Supreme Court and is trained in mortgage foreclosure mediation.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- As a private mediator, extensive experience mediating complex civil, probate, and family matters
- Served as special master for discovery, hearing master for multi-million dollar construction bid and grant protests and has served as a court appointed trustee
- Served as umpire/appraiser in first-party insurance property claims
- Presided over hundreds of jury trials, thousands of bench trials and dispositive motions
- Trained in Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation at Collins Center
- Certified Civil Mediator, Florida Supreme Court, 2008