The Student Bar Association (SBA) is an organization dedicated to the representation and promotion of the interests and goals of the Student Body of Florida International University College of Law. The SBA is a student run organization that serves as the liaison between law students and the administration. The SBA is also the parent organization for other student organizations within the FIU College of Law.
In addition to representing the individual needs and concerns of the Student Body, the SBA strives to foster a working relationship with the faculty, administration and South Florida legal community. The SBA plans networking events throughout the year to help advance this objective.
The SBA also plans social events for the students. Some of these social events include the annual Halloween Party, Family Field Day, end-of-semester parties, Happy-hour get-togethers during the year, and the Barrister’s Ball.
The officers of the SBA extend a warm welcome to new and visiting students and hope that you will be pleased with our representation. Students with questions or concerns should feel free to approach any of the officers. The officers are also available via email through our website: www.fiulawsba.com.
We look forward to serving you.
2012-2013 SBA Board
- President – Christian Jay Sanchelima
- Vice President Day – Eric Garcia
- Vice President Evening – Alfie Leon
- Secretary – Samah Abukhodeir
- Treasurer – Alisha Mays
- 4L Evening – Gerry Davis
- 3L Day – Kimberlee Martin
- 3L Evening – Jose Leon
- 2L Day – Melanie Kalmin
- 2L Evening – Cinthya Beato
- 1L Day – Vacant
- 1L Evening – Vacant
- ABA Liaison – Tia Jones
- SGA Rep – Moses Aluicio
- Chief Justice – Andrea Canona
- Associate Justice – Glaister Brown
- Associate Justice – Andrea Franklin
- Publications Chair – Amanda Braun
- Peer Mentor Chair – Martin Jensen
- Networking Chair – Jen Soberal
- Deans Cup Chair – Jeremy Chevres
- Student Organization Chair – Kimberlee Martin
- Communications Chair – Aubrie Brake