The purpose of the Inns of Court will include the following:
- To attend various trials and observe firsthand the different steps of the trial process.
- To confer with judges and attorneys and discuss with them the various steps of the trial and have them share other insights.
- To foster the intellectual and academic development of students by discussing and deliberating with each other what was observed during the trial.
- To report on judges: opinions on various issues and present findings to the student body via adequate fora.
- To provide guidance and support to incoming students entering FIU College of Law who are interested in IOC.
- To encourage camaraderie within the IOC itself and with other organizations which share similar interests.