The purpose of the Black Law Student Association (BLSA) is to utilize the collective resources of its members to:
- Articulate and promote the professional needs and goals of African-American law students.
- Aid in the recruitment, retention, and placement of African-American law students.
- Serve as a source of information for African-American law students and for prospective applicants to the College of Law.
- Foster an atmosphere of community and facilitate unity and support among law students.
- Instill in the African-American attorney and law student a greater awareness of and commitment to the needs of the African-American community.
2012-2013 Executive Board
- President: Denita Jones
- Vice President: Terryann Howell
- Treasurer: Aiesha Macon
- Secretary: Angelica Compas
- Historian: Kevin Pierre
- Parliamentarian: Altanese Phenelus
- Advisor: Phyllis Kotey