The Mission of the ACLU is to preserve all of these protections and guarantees:
- Your First Amendment rights-freedom of speech, association and assembly. Freedom of the press and freedom of religion supported by the strict separation of church and state.
- Your right to equal protection under the law – equal treatment regardless of race, sex, religion or national origin.
- Your right due to process – fair treatment by the government whenever the loss of your liberty or property is at stake.
- Your right to privacy – freedom from unwarranted government intrusion into your personal and private affairs.
We work also to extend rights to segments of our population that have traditionally been denied their rights, including Native Americans and other people of color; lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgendered people; women; mental-health patient; prisoners; people with disabilities; and the poor.
If the rights of society’s most vulnerable members are denied, everybody’s rights are imperiled.
2013-2014 Executive Board
- President: Nicole Sinder
- Vice President: Bobby Joe Bracy
- Secretary: Marisa Wilson
- Treasurer: Rodrigo Flores
- Advisor: Elizabeth Price Foley