Dear Admitted Students,
Welcome to the Florida International University College of Law. We have an exciting orientation schedule planned for you. In advance of the detailed schedule which will be distributed this summer, we have prepared the basic outline below so you can plan your summer accordingly.
Orientation at the Florida International University College of Law is part of the Pathway to the Profession initiative. This initiative is a semester-by-semester plan designed to assist students both academically and professionally.
Orientation is designed to help you begin life as a law student and to introduce you to the skills required to be academically successful. Orientation is also designed to emphasize the importance of being professional and ethical as a student and a lawyer.
FIU Law’s faculty, administration, and alumni will guide you on your Pathway to the Profession and help you develop a plan to meet your individualized career goals.
Preliminary Orientation Schedule: (Subject to change)
Wednesday, August 13: Meeting Ethical & Academic Expectations
- Tours & Student Organization Fair
- Your Duties and the Profession’s Expectations
- The Florida Board of Bar Examiners
- Introduction to Case Briefing
Thursday, August 14: Academic Preparedness
- Get Connected: Office of Information Technology
- The Pitfalls of Plagiarism
- Introduction to the Judicial System
- Introduction to the Clinics & Externships
Friday, August 15: The Building Blocks of Your Legal Career
- Managing Your Career – Planning Your Path
- Building Your Professional Network
Saturday, August 16th
- Optional Day of Service
Classes begin on Monday, August 18
The Student Bar Association is planning a Welcome Party and other summer activities. You will receive correspondence regarding these and other event.
Enjoy your summer, and welcome to FIU Law!