The Ovadia Career Planning and Placement Office aims to guide and assist you in every step of your professional development journey. In keeping with our partnership model, we are committed to helping create and maintain a pipeline of employment opportunities. We also commit to provide comprehensive programming to help you develop the tools needed to meaningfully participate in those opportunities.
In law school, the process of planning your career and applying for jobs starts early. Take the time to browse the following material, which will help you learn about the services and opportunities that will make finding your job easier.
Ovadia CP&P Office Blog
- The Ovadia CP&P Office now provides students a Career Planning & Placement BLOG – an additional resource that contains up-to-date employment, fellowship, and internship opportunities as well as upcoming networking events and writing competitions. Each week the Blog is updated and contains all the information found on Symplicity, where students can apply for posted positions. Visit the Blog here. If you have questions, comments, or feedback about the Blog, contact Jessica Michelle Ciminero.
1L Résumé & Cover Letter Workshop
Career Planning & Exploration
- 12 Months of Diversity & Inclusion Opportunities
- ABA 2013 Internship Resources
- ABA Section of International Law – 2013 International Law Firm Internships
- Calendar and Timelines
- Careers in Law
- Career Planning Development Plan
- Guide to Alternative Careers
- Peggy Browning Fund
- Post Graduate Fellowships
- Voluntary Bar Associations – Calendar of Events
- The Florida Bar – Master Calendar of Events
Résumés, Cover Letters & Other Correspondence
- Writing Samples
- Action Verbs for Résumé Descriptions
- Legal Résumé Format
- Legal Résumé Checklist
- Legal Résumé Samples
- Résumé Dos and Don’ts
Updates coming soon.