FIU College of Law Alumni Association D.C. Alumni Chapter
The FIU College of Law D.C. Alumni Chapter (“Chapter”) will be the cornerstone of a robust, vibrant and engaged FIU Law community in the Greater Washington, D.C. region. It will serve as a mechanism for advancing the interests of FIU, FIU Law, and its alumni community in metropolitan Washington, D.C.
The Chapter is devoted to assisting the FIU Law Alumni Association in fulfilling FIU Law’s educational and professional mission, and to serving the professional needs of its Members. The mission of the Chapter is to serve the community of FIU Law alumni, students, family and friends in the Greater Washington, D.C. region by providing lifelong connections to FIU and FIU Law.
The FIU Law D.C. Alumni Chapter endeavors to:
- Serve as a formal representation of FIU Law in Washington, D.C. to promote the interests of FIU and FIU Law;
- Provide professional and social opportunities for the FIU Law community in Washington, D.C. by establishing and maintaining a network of alumni, students, family and friends;
- Promote and enhance the reputation of the FIU Law throughout Washington, D.C., the Mid-Atlantic region, the United States and abroad;
- Serve as a first point of contact for members of the FIU Law community seeking to transition to Washington, D.C.;
- Recognizing the transient nature of the Washington, D.C. region, assist members of the FIU Law community seeking to transition into and outside of Washington, D.C. by promoting the unique professional characteristics of the region and maintaining connections with the alumni and legal communities of other regions;
- Recognizing FIU’s mission as a state university to serve the South Florida community, promote the interests of South Florida in Washington, D.C.;
- Promote alumni giving to FIU Law; and
- Support other initiatives and interests of FIU Law and its alumni community, as directed by the FIU Law Alumni Association Board of Directors.